Job Code DZ22017
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to Senior Research Associate to study the efficacy and mechanism of action of Cellerant's cellular therapeutics in mouse models of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and oncology. The successful candidate will be expected to make scientific contributions to support FDA submissions and peer-reviewed publications. The candidate will work as part of a dynamic cross-functional team of researchers that aims to bring exciting cellular therapeutics to clinical application.
The candidate will join our Myeloid Progenitor program and the responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and execute laboratory work with precision, technical proficiency, and scientific rationale and rigor
- Understand the scientific concepts and objectives and timeline, and work on assignments with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues and make recommendations for solutions to complex and difficult issues or new procedures
- Handle, process, culture and characterize human and animal tissues (bone marrow, blood, etc.), and maintain and monitor primary cell cultures
- Perform analysis and follow SOPs and work instructions for processing and tracking research samples, and perform experiments to continue developing assays
- Analyze primary and cultured cells by flow cytometry and other in vitro and in vivo assays, and optimize primary cell purification and culture conditions and characterization assays
- Perform in vitro cell-based assays
- Assist in design, execution, analysis, and data management of in vivo experiments
- Actively participate in a team and goal oriented environment. Collaborate with other Research Associates and Scientists within Cellerant or at CROs to facilitate process development and development of SOPs and protocols.
- Assist with report writing, generate data plots/charts for necessary data, and manage correspondence and data received from contract labs
- Keep detailed records and documents; follow, write and improve work instructions and worksheets; organize, interpret and present data
- Minimum B.S. preferably in biological sciences with 4+ years relevant industrial or academic experience in the areas of Cellular Biology, Cellular Immunology, Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field experience; or MA or MS in the Life Sciences with more than 2 years relevant industry laboratory experience.
- Prior experience with a variety of in vivo mouse models, including the handling, dosing, and tissue processing, are required.
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture, cell-based assays, flow cytometry and cell sorting, design and execution of in vivo experiments, and general cell and molecular biology techniques
- Candidate must have excellent record keeping skills as well as written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to work in a team environment
Cellerant is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring the best qualified individuals and giving them the opportunity to stretch their abilities. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your CV and cover letter by Mail/Fax or Email including job code
in subject line to email@example.com.
Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc.
Human Resources – Job Code: DZ22017
1561 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070