Job Code DZ32017
The Associate Scientist/Scientist is expected to design and execute studies with sound scientific principles and rationale, ensure the adequacy and accuracy of data, and provide critical analysis and interpretation of results in order to advance the program and enable regulatory submissions. The candidate will work as part of a dynamic cross-functional team of researchers that aims to bring novel cellular immune and stem cell based therapeutics to clinical application. The candidate will be expected to make scientific contributions to advance the program and enable regulatory submissions. Collaboration with colleagues at all levels of expertise, outside contractors and collaborators and training and supervision of research associates are expected.
- Responsible for in vivo mouse models including design, execution, and analysis of hematopoietic cell transplant model, immunomodulation and xenograft cancer models. Ensure data is adequate, well documented and sufficient to potentially support pre-IND and IND filings and peer-reviewed publications.
- Responsible for establishing assays to characterize and manipulate primary cells in vitro.
- Report results that display scientific merit, creativity and novelty of approach. Present data internally and represent Cellerant at external scientific meetings and conferences as well as to funding agencies.
- Write technical reports, animal use protocols, contribute to submissions to funding agencies and FDA communications, develop and implement department SOPs and protocols.
- Provide scientific input to management in planning research programs at Cellerant and manage and mentor research associates and their career development.
- M.S. with at least 7 years of experience or PhD with at least 1-2 years of post-graduate experience in a relevant field of stem cell biology and immunology.
- Prior experience developing and utilizing a variety of in vivo animal models, including in vivo immunological responses, tumor models and hematopoietic cell transplantation is required, as well as experience with animal handling, dosing, and tissue processing.
- Experience in primary cell isolation, culture, manipulation, functional assays and multiparametic flow cytometry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work and contribute to project goals in a team environment.
Cellerant is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring the best qualified individuals and giving them the opportunity to stretch their abilities. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your CV and cover letter by Mail/Fax or Email including job code
in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc.
Human Resources – Job Code: DZ32017
1561 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070